Send personalized text messages! When creating a campaign to capture data, you can start using that information to add a personal touch to your message. For example, if you collect a person's first name in your first message, you can add it to your second message using Merge Tags.
Merge Tags are variables which are replaced by the field you selected when your message is sent, such as the person's first name.
Adding Merge Tags
1.When creating your campaign and editing your messages, click the Insert Personalization button. 2. Select one of the options below:
- Member First Name: To add the member's first_name attribute you previously collected. If the attribute doesn't exist for a member, the output will be blank.
- Member First Name (with Fallback): To add the member's first_name attribute with a fallback option if the first name doesn't exist. In case the first name is blank for a specific member, your fallback text will appear in your message instead.
- Member Last Name: To add the member's last_name attribute. If the attribute doesn't exist for the member, the output will be blank.
- Member Company Name (with Fallback): To add the member's company_name attribute with a fallback option. If the company name doesn't exist, your fallback text will appear instead.
- Relative Date: Add a dynamic date in the MM/DD/YYYY format based upon when the message is sent.
Merge Tags are placeholders: the field you selected will not appear in your message.